Tuesday, May 2, 2017

SSS

“I have been asked what I
mean by ‘word of honor’.
I will tell you: Place me behind
prison walls-walls of stone
ever so high, ever so thick,
reaching ever so far into the
Ground-there is a possibility
That in some way or another I
Might be able to escape; but
Stand me on the floor and
Draw a chalk line around me
And have me give my word
Of honor never to cross it.
Can I get out of that circle?
No, never! I’d die first.”

By: Karl G. Maeser

Keeping your word of honor is very important. What you say will always be there. Make sure to keep your word and don't abandon it. Prove that you are what you say. Show other that you are a person of your words. Being truthful to your works can show a lot about how you respect yourself and others. Like the quote says above that if you are placed somewhere where you can get out you will find a way out of there. But if you say that you will never get out of there with your own word stay to it. You have to mean what you say in order to show yourself that you really meant everything you said. It's never easy to tell yourself something and stay to it. It can become very challenging trying to break out. Just keep telling yourself that you meant what you said even if it may mean giving things up for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment